Throughout the year, our main work is to serve people with disabilities at Brawijaya University.
Public relation and advocacy
Working with different parties and sectors to promote disability issues and practices through advocacy.
In order to strengthen inclusive and accessible services, CDS emphasises the importance of research and studies.
Providing services to people with disabilities within Brawijaya University is the main programme of the Brawijaya University Disability Service Centre. Students, lecturers and educational staff are the main target of the services. There are six services provided by PLD UB, which consist of accommodation services, accessibility services, tutorial services, counselling services, book digitisation services and mobility services. As an important milestone in the implementation of inclusive education in higher education, these services are organised on a daily basis.
To support the main programme, the Disability Service Centre also organises a number of activities. These include:
- Admission of new students with disabilities;
- Job training for students with disabilities;
- Disability awareness and basic sign language training for prospective volunteers, teaching staff, and education staff;
- Digital accessibility training for volunteers;
- Basic, intermediate, and advanced sign language training for sign language interpreters;
- Disability-inclusion policy advocacy at the campus level;
- Campaigning on disability issues in social media;
- Publishing Indonesian Journal of Disability Studies twice a year;
- Collaboration with various national and international organizations in the field of disability issues.
In addition to working on disability inclusion at Brawijaya University, PLD is also involved in many activities related to disability, both regionally, nationally and internationally.